Saturday, August 19, 2006


TALES: Good ideas and bad ones

The good idea: riding with friends. The bad idea: riding the High Road backwards to get more downhill time!

After months of talking about riding the High Road backwards, Saturday was the day to make it happen. Doug, Jason, Lance, Tom and I made the regular morning ride into what I’m gonna call an MTC (mountain CLIMBING) adventure. I had no idea how much downhill we’d actually been riding all of this time. It goes by so fast when you ride it that you don’t notice; I assure you that you notice it all carrying your bike the other way! I don’t think anyone else will argue that carrying or pushing your bike for five to seven miles is not as fun as riding it. There were some great runs; just not a lot. The good news was that I got to ride my favorite trail – The Chute – twice.

We all took some good spills, including a short flight off of a bridge, and my previously broken shoulder feels like it wants to come apart again. However, Tom cancelled all of our bets by managing not to break anything.

Oh yeah, lost my favorite blue Nike riding glasses. Note to self, put your crap away properly if you’re not wearing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED

Visitors to this site: