Thursday, April 12, 2007

TALES: Riding vs. Writing

As is always the case when preparing to move, some things just fall by the wayside (like blogging). Fact is, everything has its priority, and for the past two months riding, not writing, has been the priority as I may never be able to bike Okinawa again come June!

not yet have I come across more challenging
natural terrain or a greater group of riders to hang with

Let’s face it, Okinawa’s just not a major international hub, and tickets aren’t cheap. However, I’m soaking up every last opportunity as this has been one of the most technically challenging and rewarding areas I’ve ever ridden in. Since I began single tracking here three years ago, I’ve also biked other spots, but not yet have I come across more challenging natural terrain or a greater group of riders to hang with.


Getting in Shape

I was embarrassed to admit it at first, but I swapped my hardtail C’dale F800 for a Felt road bike a few weeks ago to get in better shape for offroading. You know, the pros actually know what they’re talking about. After only a couple of long road rides, I’ve already noticed an increase in endurance. It also doesn’t hurt to shed a few pounds (less weight to haul up the hill). The best part is that there really is no better way to see Okinawa than on a bike, and the highways that skirt the coast make for a very enjoyable afternoon on two wheels. Tim took me out on the inagural 20- to 30-something-mile ride (verbally ensuring my safety the entire time) and it was absolutely terrific! 35 miles on my own today up the coast line, also amazing.


See you on the trails!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED

Visitors to this site: