Tuesday, March 21, 2006

TIPS: Spinnin’ & grinnin’

I’ve been attending a “spinning” class occasionally, mainly out of desperation to pedal anything while rain continues to make a giant mud bog out of Okinawa trails. After two classes, I hated it. The workout was nominal, and I felt myself being sucked into “yuppie spin groupie” world. Let’s face it; spinning is the new step aerobics, so it won’t be long before we’ve all got cool bandanas and leg warmers on, headed to the gym in bike short and SPDs!

Rambling … sorry. I'm still ticked that my planned trip to desecrate a construction site washed out today!

Despite my subtle feelings on spinning, my attitude was changed yesterday by a motivated, grungy instructor and the fact that I finally figuring out how to work the bike tension. I’m now convinced that a Schwinn spinner in the right hands can actually be a wonderfully-torturous device for MTBers – allowing both sprint and endurance work at will. I was actually most amused my the rivers of sweat pooling on the floor from my head and arms over the hour-long class.

I’m now sold on three times a week (at least as long as the rain keeps up). What color of leg warmers goes best with a black and red spinner?
_______________________
TOBACCO FREE DAYS: 7
ZYBAN-LINKED PSYCHOTIC EPISODES: 5

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED

Visitors to this site: