Wednesday, May 30, 2007

TRIPS: Last Okinawa Entry (for real this time)

Thanks to Adrian, my previous "last ride" entry was bogus. He invited me out a few weeks ago for some rigid riding -- truly awesome despite my butt needing to toughen up a bit. It had been nearly a year and a half since I`d been on anything but full suspension and nearly three since a full rigid. He broke me in on Day 1 by letting me use his geared version until the downhills. Dumping about 10 pounds in bike weight did wonders for the climbs, and the downhills were fast and buttery (I only realized how much shock absorption my body took in my right knee a few days later).

On Day 2, I took the rigid singlespeed for the time of my life. The best news was that I blew the rear tire at nearly the same time as the bearings in Adrian`s other bike completely gave out -- these light rigids were a dream to walk out with (a little over a mile) compared to my Prophet that completely lacks "reach through" or shouldering spots because of the shock. It was actually not a bad peaceful ending, since the rigid singlespeed had given me a thrill I had forgotten.

Thanks Adrian.

2 Comments:

Blogger AJ said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

11:39 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

it is given that Check out Felix Tatarovich Massage on the north end of town,i don t know what to check that...Tires Florida

11:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

ALL PHOTOGRAPHS ARE COPYRIGHTED BY THE OWNER OF THIS SITE UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFIED

Visitors to this site: